18/12/2011

Second opinion


Since my wife was on holiday and the car sits most of the time under the porch, I decided to take the car to office. There were of course many compliments at the office thinking I traded-in my KIA Spectra for a Peugeot 407 (fat hopes). A close office-mate pestered me from the start of the day to get a ride as he had never experienced a ride in a Peugeot let alone a 407. I told him "When I go home" since people like to park close in front of the car as it is an empty space in a highly demanded parking area. The experience started the moment I started to unlock the car and the side mirrors glamourously swung out. The first comment he said the moment he sat in the car was how spacious and comfy the interior is and how cozy the seat was in comparison to a BMW (318i). My office-mate is also rather round around the tummy so it must feel even nicer for him. He said it felt more like a homely soft leather sofa and really liked it very much. He then stroked his hand across the interior of the door and said the plastic felt solid and strong. Just as we drove off, I asked him to switch on the navigator and he was impressed to say the least. When I started to drive off, he said the engine is very quiet and as the car glided in between the parked cars, he said it did not feel like the continental cars he had been in and I replied well this is as continental as you can get because it is a French car. While the radio was switched on, I took the car along a gentle windy road and he said the car really felt solid and I replied it should because it is a heavy car. He said it would make a great grand tourer and should be a joy to drive back outstation. We then came to a gentle gradient so I pressed the accelerator and show him that this car has respectable but not dramatic power. He said he was happy enough with the feel of power it had to offer. All the while he said he found the driving experience better than he expected it to be and said for a long, low, wide car, it handles itself well in urban traffic. He really liked the deep panoramic view of the windscreen. He stretched his head up and said a taller person would enjoy it even more. By then the traffic started to build up so we decided to head back to the office where he thanked me for the short but most enjoyable experience and said for what the Peugeot 407 had to offer, it was worth the buy. One late night, he asked for a lift to his relative's stall where he left his car and I dropped him off by the road about 100 ft away from the stall. The next day he told me they asked what kind of car was that I drove as they were not familiar with it (probably because they are more familiar with Japanese and local cars) but they all said it looked outstandingly beautiful. That's another second opinion of the Peugeot 407.

No comments:

Post a Comment