18/06/2013

Maintenance - Tool for hard-to-reach parts


Yes folks! Don't throw away old toothbrushes. Go get yourself new ones. In case you do not know, it is the perfect tool for cleaning away grit and grime in between those hard to reach places. I use it with normal car polish to clean those grooves in between the "Peugeot", Peugeot's lion logo and "407" chrome accessories at the boot which is impossible to reach with my fingers and polish cloth no matter how hard I try. A good brushing in between the edges of all three chrome accessories will probably wear a soft toothbrush (I do not recommend a medium nor hard toothbrush) so don't expect to keep it forever and replace it every time those areas need cleaning. After brushing, clean the dirt off with a soft polish cloth. I guarantee, you will like the results.

2 comments:

  1. nice blog. do update on your pug.
    Im interested to buy one myself as my family getting bigger.

    shah alam people here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firstly, the car is owned and driven daily by wifey so my driving experience is limited thus not much to write. Secondly, it has been very reliable since Day 1 so there is really nothing to complain here, even petrol consumption is very good for this heavyweight. Thirdly, I am the one (as usual) who maintains the car. The latest thing I did was to buy a USA made chrome polish (tube paste like Colgate) from Tesco Shah Alam. It is slightly cheaper than the popular Germany alternative but still as good. I put a dap of it (sikit saja) on the gear knob and successfully polished off minor scratches that came from wifey's ring then got nothing to do so ended polishing the aluminium accessories. Big improvement. If the pug is handed down to me, I have a few ideas what to do as my knowledge of car customization is in my humble opinion well above average.

      Delete