11/09/2021

Modification: Plastic cracks fixture

 


I saw some YouTube clips how plastic cracks effectively "joined" back plastic cracks by sealing the cracks/gap with a mixture of baking soda and cyanoacrylate or what is popularly known as super. Thus, I decided to experiment and instead, use a mixture of baking soda and Dunlop contact-glue simply because I always keep a tin of contact-glue in the house. As my kitchen plastic rubbish basket already had a big crack at its base I had a guinea pig to work on. I initially covered the cracks with contact-glue. Secondly, I generously sprinkled baking soda until it covered the contact-glue then slightly tapped on the baking soda to ensure they mixed. After the contact-glue dried, I simply shook the baking soda off and a seal had nicely formed closing the gap that once was there. Conclusion: It works!







No comments:

Post a Comment