29/11/2014

Modification - Charging cable





The experience I carried out on my KIA Spectra served me well over the past 10 years, today, it is replicated here on my Peugeot 407. Unlike the idea of "grounding" the car with several power cables which is in other words means connecting the negative battery terminal to various parts of the engine and body to improve the flow of electricity along the negative route, the idea of "charging" the car with a 2 meter power cable of the same type is to improve the charging of the battery along the positive route by a direct link from the positive terminal of the alternator to the positive battery terminal. After the mechanic completed the connection, I switched on the engine but unlike my KIA Spectra which started with a deeper and more power growl, it was the same hum with the Peugeot engine which gives me the impression that the stock Peugeot 407 charge cable is quite good and also probably, my car is still new. Driving off, I immediately felt a slight noticeable response in the car's performance and I believe the electrical workload is now better distributed to concentrate on the spark plugs. Like my KIA Spectra where battery life of previous 3 batteries were more than 2.5 years each which I attribute to the installation of the charging cable, I expect the same will also occur to the life of my 407's battery. Total investment: RM30 for cable and accessories, labour charge RM30.

No comments:

Post a Comment