13/02/2015

Maintenance - Clean and Polish

Less than RM20
One of many cat stratches
Hey Presto!
The immediate effect is addictive
Last but not least, roof completely cleaned and polished.

Some good news and some bad news... firstly, the good news: I have seen that 911 polish a couple of times at the DIY shop but never bought it but last week, I gave it a try considering it cost less than RM20, in fact, around RM15 if I call. (I'm getting old). Wifey noted the many cat scratch marks by the side of the car near the bonnet because in the night, cats love to climb onto the 407's roof trying to make my porch their domain. All the scratch marks were aggravated because the car has a slippery coat of nano sealant. When I showed wifey the effect of giving the scratch marks some light polishing, we were both surprised and impressed the marks actually disappeared so I went on to clean other areas, notably, the bonnet. The cleaning effect was so obvious and the liquid was easy to use plus did not require much elbow work that I eventually completed cleaning and polishing the car in about 1 hour.  However, after a week with 2 wipes of the car (with plain water) as it rained overnight, one of the scratch marks reappeared. We came to the conclusion that when I gave the car a polish, excess white paint found its way into the groove of the scratch marks covering the spot. Secondly...the bad news: Sadly, the effect is only temporary, after all, cats had clearly clawed their way into the paint. I knew the only way to resolve this would be to one day give the car just a single re-coat of white paint. I guess that will come later when the effect of the nano sealant wears out maybe 3-5 years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment