28/02/2014

Maintenance - Solidifying critical gaps


Again, this is another experience I want to share from my days with my workhorse, the KIA Spectra. because it could happen to a Peugeot 407 or to any car for that matter. As a car ages, engine heat and engine movement cracked a critical point in my air filter box making it impossible to screw tight the air filter box cover. This made excessive air to seep through and caused the car to lose precious torque. I just filled the gaping crack adjacent to the air filter box's nut with a generous amount of tissue paper because that was all I had at that point in time, used Super Glue to wet the tissue then left it to dry overnight without closing the air filter box. The next day, I gave it a try and could screw back the air filter box cover and that was a few years ago. The air box still functions well till this very day so in my humble opinion, this idea solves that problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment