26/10/2014

Maintainence - Silicone Spray


I have found the silicone spray to be the best maintenance accessory one should always have. There are more expensive one but this can cost me about RM15/can and is more than adequate to serve it's function. I spray the wiper blades after every rainfall wets the car and let the silicone soak in overnight meaning the wipers are in standing mode, not touching the windscreen. It has proved to be an effective grime remover off the wiper blades as well as the windscreen, in fact, makes the windscreen slippery smooth causing rain to slide across the windscreen. Other than that, every time the interior plastics look dry, I generously spray them in the night and let it soak in overnight. However, I use newspaper when I spray the fascia to prevent the spray getting onto the interior windscreen as it can cause a glare effect in the night for people who are astigmatic like me. I have a leather conditioner but when I'm too lazy, I use the silicone spray instead but make sure I wipe off any excess residue in the morning because it is slippery to sit on. To prevent electrical cables, rubber and plastics from getting brittle, a generous squirt would be good especially where cables bend. Lastly, if there are still some remainder in the can, I use it to spray the tyres. Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment